Saturday, January 9, 2016

Relaxing weekend Trip to New York City

It's been while since I last visit NY but last weekend my wife and I spent the weekend there since it was our 10th wedding anniversary.  We decided to see a Broadway show, get some good food and experience the city vibe.I have to mention in advance that I didn't sketch much during this trip but had fun capturing these 4.

A train ride from Boston to NYC is a nice convenient way of getting right into the smack middle of Manhattan - it's just a tad expensive. We usually drive down to the city but this time we took the train since it's relaxing.

Untitled


Lunch time in the city - We went to my favorite steak restaurant in NYC.
It's called Tad's and this casual steak house hasn't changed a bit since when I first ate here in the 70's. It almost felt like all the furniture and decorations were still the same. It's also probably the best cheapest steak you can get in the city!

Untitled


This police scooter sketch was done while my wife did some shopping.
Untitled


And of course, my mandatory hotel room sketch.
This hotel was quite unusual and fun to sketch too.
I thought the electric bed was quite clever in making full use of the tiny tiny Manhattan hotel room. It comes upright to be able to easily enter/exit the room and rolls down fully flat taking up the full width of the room when going to sleep.

 Untitled

In the hotel lobby they also had a machine called the 'yobot' which automatically checks in/holds onto your luggage! clever
All the slots were full so we didn't get a chance to use it though, bummer...

 Untitled

No comments: