Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Walking the Freedom Trail with my book

A few weeks ago out of the blue I received a bunch of photos sent to me by Atsuko, a friend that recently moved out to the Boston area from Japan. This was her first time in Boston and she walked the Freedom Trail using my book as a reference guide!

The photos are all 'Selfie' pictures she took of the book with the actual scene in background.
It was great to hear that she enjoyed walking the trail and most of all said she found my book useful and entertaining!

Here's Astuko starting off the trail at Boston Commons taking a picture with a costumed person working at the Freedom Trail Visitors center. Note the words on the book cover is a mirror image - a Selfie picture indeed.



Brewers Fountain and the New state House.





Shaw/54th Regiment Memorial



 Park Street Church



Granary Burying Ground - Historically famous people such as John Hancock, Samuel Adams and Paul Revere rest in this grave.
 



King's Chapel




Democratic Donkey at the Old City Hall



Irish Famine Sculptures



This was supposed to be the Old corner Bookstore - but she took a picture of the next door Starbucks by mistake




Old South Meeting House



Old State House




This is when she told me that her phone ran out of batteries!

Anyway I was really happy to hear that she enjoyed the book and walking the Trail!








No comments: